Havener House, c. 1796 |
![]() |
In 1803, Charles Tyler occupied the house as a store and dwelling. This dual use may explain the purpose of two entrance doors from the porch. John Hening was operating a House of Entertainment (tavern) there in 1820. For a time, the post office was operated from this house. |
![]() The exterior was greatly renovated in 1933. |
The Havener House, located at 13940 Braddock Road in Historic Centreville, is a contributing structure to the Centreville Historic Overlay District. |